What is hypnobirthing all about?
When can I start classes?
The ideal time is between 20 and 30 weeks. This provides you with time to practice and prepare. However, you are welcome to contact me to discuss your options if you are outside of 20 – 30 weeks and wish to complete the course.
Does my partner have to attend classes?
It is beneficial for your birth partner to attend classes as he or she will learn how to best support you during birth. Your birth partner doesn’t have to be your partner, he or she could be your mum, sister, friend, doula etc. I understand that sometimes it’s not possible for whatever reason and so am also happy for you to attend classes solo if you prefer.
- it is professionally printed and presented.
- it is evidence-based and is updated as new research comes out.
- it is Australian owned and designed, it includes Australian accent tracks and is modeled on our healthcare system.
- it advocates for natural birth because we are designed to birth naturally and do so well, but prepares you for special circumstances so you can have a positive birth regardless of how your baby makes their way earthside. There are even special circumstance programs you can do if you know ahead of time.
- it gives you access to modern and up-to-date birth videos that demonstrate the tools and techniques in action and in different circumstances.
- it is inclusive – you may be a single mum, in a same sex relationship, your birth partner may be your sister, mum or friend, in every circumstance, we are here to help because you deserve a great experience.
- it is taught by qualified and passionate childbirth educators, who are screened and trained personally by Melissa Spilsted, Director of Hypnobirthing Australia TM