Rebecca Kubenk, Lactation Consultant & Orofacial Myolgist in Adelaide, shares some insight below into her profession.
Business Name: Blooming in Adelaide
Social Media Links
Business Location: Adelaide North East, but offer home visits
What do you do?
Lactation Consultant – assist breastfeeding mothers with their feeding challenges
Orofacial Myologist – assist families with oral dysfunction, breathing & sleep disordered breathing
Placenta Artist – encapsulate placentas for new mumma’s so they have a healthier fourth trimester
After the birth of my multiples, I found there was little support for mumma’s, and whilst I was a full time mum, having left my job working as a Legal Personal Assistant, I began to research how I could achieve my breastfeeding goals, which eventually led me to further study.
What does a typical appointment with you look like?
One to one with my client at their home or via Telehealth
What are the 3 most common problems/complaints you encounter with pregnant and new mums?
- Being dismissed by their primary health care provider
- Lack of confidence in their role as a mother
- Child who does not sleep
What are your 3 best tips for pregnant and new mums?
- Trust your instincts
- Reach out for help
- Be kind to yourself
Share 3 things about yourself.
- Mumma of four earthside humans, including twins
- Mumma of an angel born sleeping
- Pay it forward and you will be happier in life
- I also have an online shop where I have products to support breastfeeding mumma’s